Jiffy Lube A/C Evacuation and Recharge Service
Spring and summer are the best time to service your car air conditioner, Utah. Your car’s automotive air conditioning system is designed to help turn a hot Utah day into a cool, comfortable ride. At Jiffy Lube®, we understand the importance of regular preventive maintenance to keep your car’s air conditioning system operating at its peak. And we also know that a little cool breeze on a hot day will make a big difference during drive time.
Below is a more detailed description of our service:
The function of an air conditioner is to help remove the heat and humidity from inside the passenger compartment of the vehicle. Powered by a belt, the air conditioning compressor compresses the refrigerant to pressurize it and pump it through the system. The refrigerant is pushed through a valve where pressure and temperature are reduced. The now-cool refrigerant travels through the evaporator in the passenger compartment. As a result, cooled air is blown into your vehicle. This refrigerant returns to the compressor, where the cycle begins once again.
Our service is designed as a periodic maintenance service rather than a detailed troubleshooting or repair service. Jiffy Lube technicians are certified through an EPA approved training program. Jiffy Lube technicians begin the service by checking for signs of leaks. Jiffy Lube does not recommend servicing systems with detected leaks*.
Jiffy Lube certified technicians:
- visually inspect the air conditioning compressor drive belt for cracks or damage,
- visually inspect accessible components for leaks or damage,
- check the operation of the air conditioning compressor and other air conditioning components,
- evacuate refrigerant from the system,
- vacuum test the system, and
- recharge the air conditioning system using the appropriate refrigerant to the system capacity according to the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications.
Performing this service helps improve the cooling efficiency resulting in a more comfortable cabin temperature. It also helps preserve the life of the air conditioning system.
* Federal, state and local laws apply.
This service is available at these Jiffy Lube locations in Utah. Visit our locations page for specific addresses, phone numbers and links to maps and list of services.
American Fork, UT
Brigham City, UT
Cedar City, UT
North Salt Lake, UT
Salt Lake City, UT
St. George, UT
West Jordan, UT
West Valley, UT